Follow @marielcookson

Saturday 24 August 2013

To You and You and You

Stop. Press.
RESULTS JUST IN STOP
LEAVING ON A JET PLANE STOP
NYC HERE I COME STOP

Fair readers,
It is with a heavy heart that I type the following words: this is (quite possibly although not absolutely as it really just depends on what happens in the coming weeks and one must never say never) my final blog post. I have given my assistant Norv his P45 and have dispatched the boyfriend jeans back to Chad, my un-boyfriend boyfriend. But it is to you, dear sensuous readers, that I owe my sincerest thanks. Indebted to your loyalty, your constancy, your words of encouragement and support, I am deeply grateful also for your, your, your -

I said final.
Didn't you read that part?
F.I.N.A.L.
As in The End.
As in This Is It.
Well Fan My Brow & Shut My Mouth is finished.
Overs.
Done and dusted.
And that's all you've got to say?
You're not going to miss me?
Oh.
But what about all those good times we've shared together?
Nothing.
No "Please don't go," or "We adore you," or "You have harpooned our souls?"
Nada.
Well I thought you might just want to say something.
Yet not a sausage.
I see.

This really is adieu, then.

Hm.

Adieu.
Adieu.
To yuh.
And yuh.
And yu-uh.

Goodnight kind readers, I love you!

No comments :

Post a Comment