Follow @marielcookson

Monday 18 November 2013

Being & Annoyingness

Go on, pull an annoying face like Lucy.

Hello sumptuous readers.

Now, I do not know about you but it has often crossed my mind that when eventually asked (begged) to give a commencement address to the young women of North West Englandshire (no doubt the world will come clamouring for it too), what exactly would I say in said address? Well, since that invitation is getting closer and closer, I have chosen to give my speech a little more thought.

But first a brief update on my progress here, Stateside: I have been steadily working my way up the typography ranks and my superior, AKA future business partner Azelia Pitts, has even cleared out her filing cabinet so that it may act as my new office! While Pittsy is currently vacationing in Vermont, I have been hard at work on my new book, provisionally titled, How To Be A Boldface Wunderbitch In Three Easy Steps. Estimated publication date: 2017. Excited? You faffing well should be.

And so back to my first para; I have decided to direct my speech towards the young femmes of our nation because, because well I wanted to. That is the because.
Please find below a sneak preview of Mitzy's Commencement Address:

Be annoying.
Annoy everyone.
Cultivate the fine art of annoyingness.
Say annoying sentences.
Dance annoying dances.
Sing annoying choruses.
Pledge your allegiance to the High Council of Annoyerers.
Annoy anyone who says you can't be annoying.
Annoy anyone who says you shouldn't be annoying.
Annoy anyone who says you aren't good enough to be annoying.
Annoy. Annoy. Annoy.
And then annoy some more.


Got that? Good.
But what about my dear luscious reader(s) out there?
What advice would you give to the young ones? Do tell!

Toodlepip. Such a beautifully annoying word that one, isn't it?

No comments :

Post a Comment