Follow @marielcookson

Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Final Cursor

Dear delectable, ravishing readers,

It is with great sorrow that I announce the terminus of this blog.

For four long, arduous years I have slaved away at my console, toiled on my type-pad and sweated in front of my touch screen.

But through it all, even when there were chilblains and gout, I did it my way.

Hmm. I should probably stop with the beastly butchering of Frank's song, shouldn't I? Well, you know what, I'm not gonna because I wish to end this My Way. And My Way means putrid puns, pernicious parodies and appalling, atrocious, abhorrent alliteration.

I am aware that I have attempted to end this blog once before. But then we began our unconscious re-coupling and for a while it seemed as if we were destined to be together forever. We talked of marriage, joint bank accounts and tracker mortgages. Ah, those blissful days seem so far away now...For today we must part and promise never to sleep with see each other ever again. Well, OK, maybe just a quickie at Christmastime.

In keeping with my fellow countrywomen and men, I will be holding a garage sale of all Well Fan My Brow's worldly belongings. I feel that this will be the most fitting way to mark the blog's conclusion. So if you fancy getting your mitts on a WFMB pencil sharpener, pocket calculator or shot glass then please come along. If no one comes, myself and my underling, Norv will smash and burn everything and then get drunk.

We'll probably do that anyway.

And now, 'hit-send' is near
And so I face the final cursor
My friend, I'll key it clear
I'll state my typeface, of which I'm sure 'o (of)
I've writ a life that's full
I composed each and ev'ry font-way
And more, much more than this, I blogged it my way.

Thank you for enduring reading.

No comments :

Post a Comment